By Cayla Clement
This article is exclusive to the Online Edition 3 of VARSITY News.
Uber Eats is one of the most convenient and affordable ways to get food delivered straight to your door (or res) if you don’t feel up to cooking or need a quick meal while studying or working on assignments. Uber Eats is packed with restaurants and it may be hard to find many healthy options, so in this piece I’ll be focusing on a few restaurants that deliver to most of the residences on upper and lower campus and offer healthy foods.
For those who live on upper or middle campus, there are many restaurants available: from KFC and McDonalds to sushi and pizza. Some of the healthier restaurants available for delivery include:
- TOSSD – this is a healthy restaurant comprising of mainly salads, sandwiches, warm bowls and smoothies. TOSSD is famous for its vegetarian and vegan options and affordable prices.
- For Halal students, Gourmet India is a good option. This restaurant includes a variety of different curries, rice dishes, roti’s and bunny chows.
- Kauai is a more expensive but delicious option for smoothies, wraps, breakfast foods and health bowls.
- Mimi the Delicious Food Company has lots of healthy options including granola and yogurt, frittatas, salads, sandwiches, curries and soups. This restaurant also features many vegan and vegetarian options as well.
- Nourish’d: Nourish’d has vegan, gluten free, and banting options to choose from for breakfast including muffins, smoothie bowls, flapjacks, oats, tofu or avocado on toast, granola, juices and juice shots. For lunch and dinner, Nourish’d offers wraps, bowls, beetroot and lentil burgers, and soups. They also offer healthy desserts including bounty bars, date balls, peanut butter and banana cake, as well as a variety of coffees.
- Root Bar: One of my personal favourite healthy restaurants on UberEATS. Root Bar has a huge variety of health bowls, wraps, salads, smoothies, juices, nut milks, juice shots, and coffees. It is mostly vegan/vegetarian and a lot of options are banting-friendly.
- SLAAI-Urban Salad Co.: SLAAI does not have a lot of variety, but the options available are healthy and customisable. Salads, super salads, smoothies and juices make up this menu. There is a design a salad option for those of us who like to know exactly what we are getting in our foods.