- Published on Monday, 04 March 2013 14:44
- Written by Megan Thomas
The Engineering and Built Environment Student Council (EBESC) of 2013 annually join forces with the HIV/AIDS Institutional Co-ordination Unit (HAICU) to show their eagerness in proclaiming the importance of and raising awareness of HIV testing.
- Published on Monday, 04 March 2013 14:40
- Written by Zakiyah Ebrahim
Launched at the beginning of February 2013 by Van Schaik, and using Ingram’s VitalSource Bookshelf platform, the electronic academic textbook – known as the e-Textbook – is a direct response to students’ evolving needs and is selling beyond the business’s expectations.
- Published on Tuesday, 26 February 2013 21:42
- Written by Stefanie Busch
Amidst a month that can easily be associated with violence and sexual bigotry, the launch of ‘It Gets Better South Africa’ at the Cape Town Holocaust Centre on Wednesday February 20th provided a beacon of hope.
- Published on Tuesday, 26 February 2013 14:14
- Written by Simone Oosthuizen
North Korea conducted its third nuclear test on Tuesday February the 12th, despite persistent warnings of increasing sanctions from the international community.
- Published on Monday, 25 February 2013 14:13
- Written by Hannah Gauss and Sandile Tshabalala
The Student Representative Council (SRC) hosted the “Students take on Political Leaders on the State of Our Nation” debate between UCT students and political spokesmen of the DA, Mmusi Maimane, ANC representative Max Ozinsky and UCT’s Chairman of Student Assembly Le Roy Nyarhi at Leo Marquard Hall, Lower Campus on Thursday, February 21 2013.
- Published on Tuesday, 19 February 2013 14:11
- Written by Mathipa Sebitsiwa
Speculation has risen that former UCT Vice Chancellor, Dr Mamphela Ramphele, has been looking into joining the arenas of local politics.
- Published on Tuesday, 19 February 2013 14:03
- Written by Krysia Gaweda
One Billion Rising is a global event that aims to make societies more aware of sexual violence. The organization encourages groups and individuals around the world to become involved against sexual violence by carrying out various events on February 14.
- Published on Thursday, 14 February 2013 12:42
- Written by Neroli Price
The Lower Campus lawns were glittered with dozens of candles on Tuesday evening as about a hundred UCT students turned out to show solidarity with victims of violent crime.
- Published on Tuesday, 12 February 2013 15:33
- Written by Krysia Gaweda
With the rebranding complete, and a new Mobile SRC office, the 2013 Student Representative Council (SRC) is off to a good start remodelling the SRC image.
- Published on Tuesday, 12 February 2013 14:40
- Written by Cai Nebe
Undergraduate students from countries belonging to the Southern African Development Community (SADC) are mostly unaware of the new levy that the International Academic Programmes Office (IAPO) is charging them, according to International Students Sub-Council (ISSC) leader and SRC Representative for Societies, Chanda Chungu.
- Published on Tuesday, 12 February 2013 14:32
- Written by Hannah Gauss
The University of Cape Town’s Orientation program is a two-week event where the Student Representative Council (SRC) and Remember and Give (RAG) work together to introduce first-years into their new varsity lifestyle.
- Published on Tuesday, 12 February 2013 14:24
- Written by Jessica Breakey
All eyes have been on India after the rape and murder of a 23-year-old female student on a Delhi bus in December.